Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are safely completed on time, under budget all while delivering an incredible customer experience.
Project Managers plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed throughout the project.
Reporting Structure: Director of Operations
- Pre-Employment Background Check
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicle Report Verification
Minimal travel, but willing when needed.
Must be able to utilize our computer systems.
Must be able to multi-task.
Extensive knowledge of multiple disciplines in the asphalt maintenance business.
Be obsessed with building an amazing culture.
The responsibilities of The Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates effectively on many different levels with all types of Must have the ability to effectively communicate to staff, peers, executives, and customers while maintaining the highest level of professionalism. Shall be able to use a wide array of communication vehicles, including verbal, written and body language, will allow you to establish a great rapport with each audience.
- Passionate about the company’s Values and Shall set the example of great leadership by always acting with company values front of mind every day.
- Quickly and clearly communicate to Supervisor anything that may negatively affect our organization including our reputation, company culture, and financial challenges. While doing so stick to the facts and take the emotion out of it.
- Always treat others with humility and compassion.
- Create an amazing project culture.
- Create an environment that believes preparation is key to winning the game.
- Have the courage to do the right thing for the company and our customers.
- Never wait to address personnel that is not carrying out their duties with Company Values front of mind.
- Actively listen to co-workers, suppliers, subcontractors, and customers to gain a better perspective of their challenges.
- Do not ignore calls, emails, and other forms of communication. Respond within a reasonable time frame.
- Always represent our company with class
- Be obsessed with your own personal and professional growth.
Management and Responsibilities:
- Effectively carry out pre-construction meetings. These meetings shall entail each aspect of the project with clear lines of accountability.
- Collaborate with others regarding schedule, productions, subcontractors, and suppliers to maximize each project’s quality and profit.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work.
- Possess a great understanding of the resources required to achieve each project’s objectives and goals.
- Anticipate project challenges and create a plan prior to them occurring.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about the progress and adjustments needed to achieve project objectives.
- Accurately track project costs to date vs budget. (Materials, Labor, Equipment, Rented Equipment, Subs, Other).
- Accurately forecast costs at project completion (WIP).
- Accurately track material quantities vs budgets by area completed.
- Set up Hydrants, Traffic Plans, Meters, and Permits.
- Understand and utilize company process for all activities including but not limited to Safety, DOT, Change Orders, Vendor set up, Purchase Orders, Scheduling, etc.
- Analyze subcontractors’ proposals ensuring that we have a complete understanding of their scope (inclusions and exclusions).
- Develop and maintain positive relationships throughout the construction industry that are in the best interest of our company.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Assist Sales when needed during initial site visits, to ensure the best solution for our Along with coaching our staff.
- Actively participate in bid reviews by asking relevant questions, assessing project risk, providing valuable insight and approach to each bid.
- When asked, participate in monthly Safety Committee Meetings.
- Ensure that our Operations Personnel and Subcontractors are following our Safety Program.
- Have a complete understanding of where you need to focus your time and energy to ensure the Safety and success of each project.
- Create value by finding more efficient ways to perform the work.
- Possess a complete understanding of financial aspects of each project.
- Communicate to field staff and stakeholders what success look like for each project.
- Assist sales personnel on-site when needed to ensure we understand the costs and risks before we estimate a project.
- Be obsessed with the details before, during, and after our work is completed.
- Must understand our systems as they pertain to operations.
- Understand and ensure your project is completed safely.
- Document all necessary project related information in an organized Daily Diary.
- Ensure your project is in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.